Getting married is one of life’s most momentous events. This is the day when you declare your lifetime love and commitment to your partner in front of family and friends.
It is important that your ceremony is exactly as you want it to be and we work together to create your perfect ceremony. You are encouraged to include the vows, readings and poetry that are meaningful to you and I can provide suggestions and ideas.
To ensure your day is unforgettable, my services include:
• Two consultations to complete paperwork and discuss and plan your forthcoming ceremony.
• If required, a rehearsal at the venue.
• Unlimited email or phone consultation.
• Loan of a comprehensive folder of ideas/suggestions to assist you in creating a memorable ceremony.
• Use of my ceremony resources, including a portable ceremony table, chairs, tablecloth, PA, microphone for readers etc.
• Travel* to and from consultations and ceremony, and attendance at ceremony.
• Printed marriage certificate.
• A souvenir copy of your ceremony.
• All legal documentation completed and submitted to the Registrar of Births, Deaths and Marriages in the State the marriage is performed.
* within Sydney. Additional fees will be charged for travel outside of Sydney.
Everyone getting married in Australia has to comply with the following legal requirements:
• You must be at least eighteen (18) years of age to marry.
• You are required to lodge your Notice of Intended Marriage (NIM) form to me no less than one (1) calendar month before your wedding day, and no more than eighteen (18) months prior to your wedding day.
• If you are Australian born I must sight your original birth certificate. If you are unable to locate a copy of your birth certificate, you can apply for a new official copy of your birth certificate from the Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages.
• If you are born outside Australia I will need to sight your original birth certificate or your overseas passport.
• If you have been previously married I will need to sight your original Divorce Decree Absolute or a Death Certificate of your previous spouse.
• You are required to have two witnesses to your marriage ceremony and they must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
I can order your official marriage certificate from Births, Deaths and Marriages for you if you prefer and that is one less thing you need to organise.
Please feel free contact me to have a confidential and no obligation discussion about your special day.